Thursday, September 16, 2010

Project Proposal

Here is the proposal for my senior capstone project

Description: I consider myself lucky to have grown up in the computer generation. I was very young when my family got our first computer and I have been in love with technology ever since. I built my first computer several years ago and it was an extremely fun and rewarding process, from picking out the hardware to assembling it. Since that time I have built custom computers for several of my friends and I enjoy it now as much as I did back then. For my capstone I would like to create a custom gaming computer company (name pending). I feel that this would be a rewarding project to work on as it would involve designing identity, collateral materials, advertising, and packaging all revolving around a topic I am very passionate about.

Form: Corporate Identity including Logo, business cards, letterhead, t-shirts: an advertising campaign consisting of magazine ads; product packaging for the PCs and peripherals; a website, and informational graphics highlighting the features of each custom rig.

Materials: Paper and sturdy materials for the identity and packaging, computer items for the exhibition, and professional printing for the ads, business cards, computer accessories, mousepads, and other peripherals.

Exhibition: This depends on where I go with the name of the company and it's identity. I imagine it will be similar to a manufacturer booth at a trade show (think e3). It will have the various collateral materials from the ID, custom gaming pc's and peripherals carrying the logo, perhaps a large poster backdrop with info graphics informing the viewer about the computers, and some gaming magazines carrying the ad inserts

No comments:

Post a Comment