Thursday, September 23, 2010

More Research

I am still pounding away at the research portion of this project. It is very tedious but interesting to me so I am not completely miserable. There is alot to cover in this portion. I pretty much have my base computer builds set in stone. I have also selected a number of full tower and mid tower cases in two different aesthetics, gaming cases and clean cases. The majority of cases are brushed aluminum so anodizing those cases as opposed to painting them will be an option. Anodizing allows a number of color choices and maintains the sheen and texture of brushed aluminum while painting largely covers that texture. Custom paint jobs will be an option for those people who feel one color is too limiting for them. Today I am planning on building out product lists on newegg.com. That will allow me easy access to all the technical information as well as product pictures and prices in one place. I still need to decide what lighting options to include as well as finish out the accessory lists. I hope to have all of this completed by next Thursday when I will present all of this as well as my vision for the company in a class critique. Considering the vision for the company, it has changed somewhat. Originally I had intended for this to be a custom gaming computer company, but now it has been broadened into a custom computer company that offers gaming computers as well as custom computers for the everyday user. Considering this change, I need to adjust my vision of the companies identity to fit this.

No comments:

Post a Comment